Each establishment or Factory must be registered under the Act, and Registration certificate must be obtained and require to remit the Professional Tax deducted from the salary of employees.
Monthly Salary does not exceeds Rs. 5000 : Nil
Monthly Salary exceeds Rs. 5000 but does not exceeds Rs. 10000 : Rs. 175 p.m.
Monthly Salary exceeds Rs. 10000 : Rs. 200 p.m.
Every Private Limited Company or Limited Company which is incorporated in State of Maharashtra is required to enroll itself under the Act immediately after incorporation of the Company
Every Private Limited Company or Limited Company which is incorporated outside the State of Maharashtra but its Branch, Sales Office, Admin Office is in State of Maharashtra required to enroll under the Act.
Amount of Tax Payable by Such Private Limited Company, Limited Company or Branch, Sales Office, Admin Office is Rs. 2500/- p.a. payable on or before 30th June of every year.
All the Partners of Partnership Firm, LLP, Directors of Private Limited Company or Limited Company and any Professional are require enrolling themselves under the Act.
Amount of Tax Payable by Partners, Directors or any Professional is Rs. 2500/- p.a. payable on or before 30th June of every year.
Exemptions from Payment of Professional Tax by Employee, by Partner, by Director or by any Professionals
· The Badli Workers in Textile Industry
· Any Person Suffering from Permanent Physical Disablement (including Blindness) which has the effect of reducing considerably such individuals capacity for normal work or engaging in gainful employment or occupations.
· Parents or Guardians of any person who is suffering from mental retardation specified in the rules made in this behalf, which is certified by a psychiatrist working in Govt. Hospital.
· The Person who have completed the Age of 65 years.
· Parents or Guardians of a child suffering from a physical disability as specified in Para 2 of the Act.
For any default or non compliance under the Act, the employer can be punished with fine up to Rs. 5000/- and payment of penal interest @ 2% p.a.