To regulate the employment of Contract labour in certain establishment and to provide for its abolition in certain circumstances and for matters connected therein.
Every contractor who employs or who employed on any day of the preceding 12 months 20 or more workmen
Principal employer requires obtaining Registration Certificate on employing 20 or workers through the contractor or contractor(s) on deposit of required Registration Fees in Form I.
Registration Certificate obtained by Principal employer would get revoked on following grounds:
· When obtained by Misrepresentation
· Suppression of material facts.
Before revoking the Registration Certificate, opportunity to Principal Employer is provided.
· To ensure provision for canteen, restrooms, sufficient supply of drinking water, latrines and urinals, washing facilities etc.
· Principal Employer entitled to recover from the contractor for providing for such amenities or to make deductions from amount payable.
· Every contractor is require to obtain Contract License on engaging 20 or more than r 20 workers and on deposit of require fee in Form IV.
· Every License shall remain in force up to 31st December of the year for which the License is granted or renewed.
· Application for renewal of License to be made not less than 60 days before expiry.
Contract License obtained by Contractor would get revoked on following grounds:
· When obtained by misrepresentation or suppression of material facts
· Failure of Contractor to comply with the conditions or contravention of the Act or Rules
· Contract Labour either One Hundred or more employed by contractor for one or more canteens shall be provided and maintained.
· First Aid facilities
· Number of rest rooms as required under the Act.
· Drinking water, latrines and washing facilities
Unless the privileges in the contract between the parties or more favourable then the prescribed in the Act, such contract will be invalid and workers will continue to get more favourable benefits.
Only by the Appropriate Govt. through issue of Notification after consultation with board can order the prohibition of employment of contract labour
· For Obstructing the Inspector under the Act, or failing to produce register etc- 3 months' imprisonment or fine up to Rs. 500 or both
· For violation of provision & rules under the Act, 3 months' imprisonment or fine up to Rs. 1000
· On counting contravention, additional fine up to Rs. 100 per day
· Statutory Records and Forms maintained by Principal Employer or by Contractor under the Act are as prescribed by the respective State Govt. Rules.
· The Central as well as State Govt. may issue a Notifications / Amendments etc. from time to time on the contract labour, accordingly in official Gazettes.